Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Sloppy Joe's


This is from a photo that I took back in 1996 when I won a cruise through Waldenbooks. I've enjoyed playing around with this pen/ink and watercoloring where I use just a little bit of color.
Just noticed yesterday that I won't be able to make the March sketchcrawl. It'll be the first one that I've missed. But, the guy who watches for me on Saturday mornings is going on a school trip that weekend. Won't be too bad, because I'll be off the whole weekend after that in order to go to the Cleveland International Film Festival, and my sister is visiting that weekend.
I might get some hot pressed watercolor paper in order to do one of these types of pieces in a larger format. So far, I've just been doing them in my moleskine journal. Because the paper gets crinkly (which I kind of like), it makes it hard to get lines that are even close to straight. Though, as you can tell, I'm not exactly shooting for perfectly straight lines.

2 comments:

Teri said...

What a fun sketch! I love the bit of color you used, it makes the whole picture so interesting.

Cathy Gatland said...

I love these little street scenes - very lively and characterful. Your pastel work is fabulous too. Thanks for your visit and comments to my blogs - nice to meet you!