Saturday, June 5, 2010

Hornblowers

I went up to the lakefront to draw on Friday morning. When I set up in a little area adjacent to the parking lot for Burke Lakefront Airport. I had to keep moving, because there was an infestation of these tiny red bugs. There were big bugs, but those weren't nearly as bothersome. My goal quickly became to finish the drawing and not take any bugs home with me.

I finally moved closer to the steamer to do the color, and there seemed to be much less bugs there. While I was drawing there, the new owner of the steamer stopped by. He told me about how they were doing renovations for their software company there. Then, Lolly the Trolley came by, and I didn't immediately realize, but they had stopped the tour to see what I was doing.

1 comment:

john.p said...

I like the detail and color. The story rounds it all out. Nice work!