Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Walnut Wednesdays

If there's one eternal truth about Clevelanders, it's that we love food. We love good food, whether it's a fine restaurant, a quick service counter, a deli, or a food truck. "If it's good, it's good," seems to be the motto.

On Wednesdays, 8-10 food trucks set up on Walnut Ave. off of East 9th St for lunch hour. If you haven't been there, you'll know where it is, just follow all of the people emerging from the business buildings as they head over to get their lunch. Show up early, because the lines get long and entangled. I sat on the south side of Walnut to draw. When I was done with my sketch, the lines were far too long for me to stand out in the hot sun, but I was in the minority. There were lots of people standing out in the sun, having a good time, waiting for their lunches. Even men in heavy suits were out sweating in the sun to get the good food.

This happens from about 11:30-1:00pm every Wednesday. If you don't work downtown, I suggest getting a parking space on East 12th north of Superior (near Charter One). Cars leave those spots frequently, and if for some reason, there isn't one free, just circle the block. Though, I had no trouble getting a spot there at a meter, and I was only about 2 blocks from where the trucks were set up.

1 comment:

Jollyidiot said...

Nice blog thanks for possting