Sunday, June 12, 2011

Holden Arboretum

First thing as soon as we got to Holden Arboretum, I got bit on the back of the neck by some unidentified bug (it's unidentified, because it was all squished by the time I saw it). Noreen was a little surprised when I said that I'm not much of an outdoors person; I had just spent 10 minutes telling her where my plan is to move to (right downtown in Cleveland), so she should have seen it coming.

I just really hate bugs. I hate how they go at your eyes. I hate how they fly around the top of your head. I hate how they walk on you. I hate how once you had one on you, your skin crawls like you have a thousand on you. This is how I became really good at smacking bees and hornets. Because I don't want one in my home, and once one gets in there, I have to take care of the situation.

Though, we did come across something fantastic while we were walking around. We were on a grass path near one of the lakes, and there was a snapping turtle right in the path digging a spot to lay eggs. Was fantastic to see that. (I am, in fact, a fan of turtles----just not bugs).

No comments: