Thursday, April 3, 2008

Aquariums


I have 2 aquariums, a 55 gallon and a 30 gallon. My 30 gallon just has a betta and 2 corydoras, but that one is forever coated in algae. I can't seem to control it. I ripped it all apart last night in an effort to get rid of it once again, only to realize that it will probably come back. I went into the cabinet for the 55 gallon, thinking that I had a small bottle of Algone to dose in the water. I'm very against chemicals for aquariums, except for water conditioner, because they tend to really throw the water chemistry out of whack. But, I really didn't want to see it come back. So, I was going to dose the water. Then, I found that I, in fact, didn't have Algone, instead I had Accu-Clear which is for foggy water. I don't even know why I have that, because I've never had a foggy water problem. But, I didn't dose the tank, because I didn't have the chemical that I wanted, so all in all, it's for the best.

No comments: