Sunday, September 18, 2011

Holden Arboretum (Or How I Learned to Read Dates Correctly)


I made it back up to Holden Arboretum to see the gnomes before they disappear in about a week. If you recall, I went up with a friend earlier in the year, and I had misread the dates. So, we were there a week before they were put on display. Some of them were a little rough around the edges, but most had stood up to the weather fairly well. I saw all of them, but this little guy was one of my favorites. It's by Cleveland artist, Billy Nainiger (I hope that I'm spelling that correctly). He has a studio at the Tower Press building, and he's always very gracious and welcoming during the holiday open studios.

Holden wasn't very busy the day that I went (being that it was a weekday and kind of overcast), so I got to walk around a lot of it undisturbed. There was still a lot of flowers to see, though they do have some flowers in bloom at any point in spring, summer, and fall. I saw a lot of chipmunks and some black squirrels.

No comments: